28 December 2007

i'm back baby!

Well I am back from my awesome Christmas vacation! Here are some highlights:

-While flying there on Sunday, the pilot decided that we should turn around halfway through the trip and pick up some more passengers! I was 3 hours late and Aunt Vicki said she had an ulcer by the time I finally arrived!

Here we are in front of the astronomical clock in Old Town.  Doesn't she look relieved that I made it?!

-I discovered that it is perfectly acceptable for a grown man to say "Bye, bye Lady!" to you when you are exiting his restaurant. Below are some garlic snails that we sampled on Christmas Eve. They were pretty good!

-"Roasted pork neck" is about as good as it sounds!

-Substitution works for most things...even classics like Cheesy Potatoes!

-Just because the picture of the classic Czech Christmas cake looks not so good doesn't mean it is. Actually, the cake was delicious! If you ever get to try it, you definitely should!

-Having the Chinese DVD copy of The Bourne Ultimatum skip 15 minutes really isn't that big of a deal! The movie is still amazing!

-Buildings and places from the 10th century are really interesting, even if you don't know what they are!

-Culture shock can happen to you in a country where you don't even live!

-Peanut Butter makes an amazing Christmas gift.

All in all, it was a great trip. It was so good to be able to spend Christmas with some of my family. I am so thankful that I was able to see them. 

Enjoying the stockings my mom sent. Thanks mom!

Me with Amy and Joel in Wensceslas Square.

5 comments:

acoplen said...

Okay, now how did you get your piture postings to cooperate. I need you to teach me. It was an unforgetable christmas. I am so happy we were all together!

Laura said...

hey your pictures are great! you should put up more pics of where you are living! I haven't seen any from there yet!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great christmas!!! I'm so jealous that you got to have MATTONI!!!! MMMMM!!! I love you katie!


p.s. MBP!

Anonymous said...

I love your pictures. I am not sure I am brave enough to move anywhere out of the Macomb County area, but your pictures take me places. Thank you.

Kat said...

I'm glad you had a great Christmas! Miss you girl.