16 January 2008

3 months!

Well today is my 3 month-aversary of living here! I'm sure that I have said this before, but it feels like the time has really flown by. A year ago, I had no idea where I was going to end up, or if I was even going to be able to go anywhere at all.  Now, I am here and living a fantastic, blessed life only by His grace! 

So I've really gotten into baking/cooking from scratch. Before, I really loved to bake, but sometimes I would just use frozen dough or even (gasp!) break and bake cookies. Well, now that those things are not available I have to do it the old fashioned way. It's been really fun. I've discovered a lot of neat recipes for cookies and breads that I never would have tried before.  I also made chicken and dumplings last week and they perfectly satisfied my craving. 

Also, 1 more week til my birthday! Let the pre-birthday festivities begin!


1 comment:

Herz said...

Yay for three months...you will treasure those mile stones!! I'm with you with the cooking from scratch too...I have really enjoyed it since I've been in Africa!! Hope you have a great birthday friend and lifitng you up!!