18 February 2008

victory!!

Well I am feelin´good today! I went to apply for residency at this official government place and I did it! woo hooo! I was really nervous that I was not going to be able to understand what was going on, or that I was going to be deported or something, but it was all good. It´s the little things that add up to confidence right?

So I have changed the settings on my keyboard to European style. Most of the letters are the same, but the symbols are not. For example this letter thing: Ç what is that? Anyone?? Here it is in lower case: ç . Haha this is funny because a lot of the them are switched around, so when I want a question mark, I actually have to hit where the plus sign is.

Well good times indeed. It´s Monday and I am getting ready for class. It´s raining a little and kind of yucky outside, but I get to wear my cute rainboots, so that´s a plus! Alright peace out!

3 comments:

erin said...

Hi, Katie! That C with the little mark on it is called a cedille. I don't know how to pronounce it, but I know that when that c is used, the is pronounced like an "s" sound instead of a "k" sound.

acoplen said...

I am so proud of you Katie, but I cna't say i am surprised. You seemed to know so much when I saw you and that was a month ago! We had a great time with J and M. Look for pictures on the blog soon.
Amy

Anonymous said...

Katie,

Hi! It's Julie Boyer. The cedille is used in the Turkish language and is pronounced "ch". A regular "c" in Turkish is pronounced like an english "j". How's that for your fun fact of the day?! I don't know what other languages use it or how they pronounce it. I only speak so many! :-) Miss you, and thought of you the other day when I looked at Thailand pics.