31 August 2007

the weekend!

It's Friday! Yay! It's my turn to get shots today...boo! But at least we get fun band-aids!

Yesterday we had a special meal in the cafeteria. It was a south asian meal with curried chicken and a bunch of toppings, like coconut and mango. It was so good!

Tonight is the parent's night out, so basically everyone that doesn't have kids is helping to watch the kids. It should be pretty fun and probably a little crazy!

I can't believe that tomorrow is September 1st! The month of August has definitely flown by! We are almost halfway done with our time here too, which is just insane!

I hope everyone has a great weekend and a fun labor day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Katie,
I continue to pray for you on a regular basis. It's great to hear that your training is going well and you are being blessed by it.
I seem to remember you saying you are a certified teacher. What areas/grades are you certified to teach?
I am a second grade teacher and I start school tomorrow. My teacher training has helped me serve in a number of ministries at my church.
Glenda - Central Baptist Church

Anonymous said...

Katie,
Hello from the McLaughlin house! It is so exciting to hear from you and everything you are learning. Your picture is posted on the side of my fridge......so everytime I see you I remember to ask God to bless your day.....in whatever way He sees you need it. Your willingness to be used of Him, is a blessing to those of us you work for. And I know your work is really for the Lord, I also know and am pleased that our mission dollars help to support you. Some of us can give and some can go. I will continue to do my part (the giving) and pray for you will you go.
Take care,
Eileen

Anonymous said...

Hi Katie!
I'm so happy for you to have these awesome opportunities and blessings! We also have your little face on the fridge and we pray for you throughout the day. The work that you and the rest of your group are engaging in is truly humbling, and I am grateful!
Make sure that you keep all of us in touch with the happenings down there, and we pray that your little brain doesn't explode with the things you have to learn :)

Love to you!!!
Cousin Tammy and the Family!

Anonymous said...

Hey Katie,
We've been praying for you...and sharing your name with those that see your face on our refridgerator!
Glad all is goin well. Can't believe it's been a month since you shared w/us at LifeChangers.
We love you!
Wayne and Pam Vann